Big Data Solutions is an exclusive development partner of onetick.com, an industry-standard tick data management provider. We are seeking software engineers responsible for developing solutions to meet the needs of global banks and hedge funds. Solutions include best execution, transaction cost analysis, and trade surveillance. The ideal candidate is a problem solver willing to take initiative and deliver solutions in a fast-paced environment. Problem-solving skills are more important than experience with specific programming languages. We are looking for innovative people from various technical backgrounds.
- Development of analytical queries using the OneTick time series database query language.
- Development of new solutions from beginning to end or modification of existing solutions per customer requirements. An example is a trade surveillance solution that analyzes client's orders and executions for prohibited trading behavior.
- Responding to client questions, reproducing and fixing client issues.
- Configuring data loading for customer orders and executions data that comes in a variety of formats for multiple asset classes including equities, FX, fixed income, futures, options, and spreads.
- Using bash scripting, Python, and Perl to set up processes to check data quality, load the data, and analyze the data.
- Leading POC process for prospective clients.
- Producing documentation.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to multitask, investigate and solve problems with incomplete information.
- Scripting skills in a language such as Python or Perl. Some experience with a compiled language such as C++ or Java is desirable.
- User and scripting knowledge of Linux.
- Graduate level knowledge of computer science / statistics / physics is highly desirable. Previous financial markets experience is a plus.
- Experience with SQL, time-series databases, database theory, normalization is a plus.
- Excellent English reading and writing skills; good speaking skills are a plus.
WHY WORK WITH US
- You will be part of a team of smart, motivated, and results-oriented people.
- You will take initiative and lead projects at the cutting edge of fintech.
- You will solve challenging problems.
- You will see your work used by customers within months and will be getting constant feedback.
- You will learn about the financial industry from various angles by working on solutions that cover the needs of a number of different participants from hedge funds to global banks to brokers to exchanges.
- You will be part of a friendly and supportive environment.
- Medical Insurance (including Dental and family members).
- Competitive salary.