Requirements: Board Eligible or Board Certified in Internal Medicine or Family Practice physician. Other specialties will be accepted if there is substantial primary care experience with language skill (Mandarin, Cantonese, or Spanish).
Key requirements, as per our assistant medical director.
· Geriatrician or Primary Care experience.
· Active DEA.
· CA practice license.
· Demonstrated success working in a group practice setting.
· Experienced using EHRs.
· Willing and able to learn.
· Willing to do a working interview for up to 4 hours so they and we can assess fit.
· Comfortable with the Bay Area commute.
· Spanish or Mandarin speaker.
General info about the MD job:
1) average number of patients seen in a day:
· 6-8 is typical.
2) amount of time spent with each patient:
· About half of cases are brief/straightforward visits 5-10 minutes. 1-2 cases a day are more extensive evaluations, complex conditions (30+ minutes). There is no strict schedule to adhere to so PCP has flexibility to spend more/less time with each patient depending on overall priorities for the day.
Ø starting bonus
Ø enhanced benefits plans for 2018
Ø relocation payment (usually $10k)
Ø 403B (401k) plan match
Ø student loan assistance
Ø perhaps a deferred comp plan
Ø CEU time/$$
Ø Reasonable work schedule that allows work/life balance